Friday, June 4, 2021

#CozyMystery Review ~ On Borrowed Time (Library Lover's Mystery, Book #5) by Jenn McKinlay @MckinlayJenn @BerkleyMystery

 


Loving a good cup of coffee runs in the family for Briar Creek library director Lindsey Norris. But when her brother, Jack, a consultant for a coffee company, goes missing, her favorite beverage becomes a key clue in a dangerous mystery.

Between preparing the library for the holidays and juggling the affections of ex-boyfriend, Captain Mike Sullivan, and her new crush, actor Robbie Vine, Lindsey has her hands full. But the mysterious disappearance of her world-traveling playboy brother takes precedence over all.

Afraid that involving the police could brew trouble for Jack, Lindsey takes matters into her own hands. But as her quest for her brother embroils her in a strange case involving South American business dealings and an enigmatic and exotic woman, it’ll take the help of both her library book club—the crafternooners—and her eager-to-please suitors to keep Jack from ending up in hot water…

Add to Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20500886-on-borrowed-time

Purchase from Amazon https://amzn.to/2SY1KyW

Book Details:

ASIN : 0425260739
Publisher : Berkley
Publish Date: November 4, 2014
Mass Market Paperback : 304 pages
ISBN-10 : 9780425260739
ISBN-13 : 978-0425260739

My Rating:

It's Christmastime in Briar Creek and Lindsey Norris has a lot on her plate. Besides getting ready for the holidays, Lindsey's love life has taken a turn with not just one but two men vying for her affection. Sully and Robbie are great characters. I love the banter between the two - they are so funny! To add to her busy life, Lindsey's brother Jack pops into the library followed shortly by a dead body. Then Jack disappears. Lindsey becomes frantic in her quest to locate her brother and unravel the mystery that also involves international dealings and a mysterious stranger.

I enjoyed On Borrowed Time. The characters are kind and lovable, except Ms. Cole but she's a character in her own right and I couldn't imagine her any other way. I found myself able to connect with Lindsey and Beth, not because they are similar to me or we've been down the same roads, but because they are fun, interesting, and nice. I love the author's writing style, the pacing was good, and the story compelling. The character development allowed for me to get to know Lindsey, Beth, Sully, Robbie, and everyone else. The author created a wonderful town, with wonderful characters, and I was able to visualize the entire story.

I love the continued inclusion of romantic elements, flirting, and subtlety the author softly wove throughout the book. The author did a great job writing this book realistically. I'm invested in these characters and can't wait to dive into book 6.

My review copy is courtesy of my local library.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment