Friday, December 24, 2021

Release Week Review ~ Spoonful of Murder (Killer Coffee, Book #10) by Tonya Kappes #TonyaKappes #CozyMystery

 


Welcome to the Bean Hive Coffeehouse where the coffee and gossip are HOT!

Sure, Honey Springs, Kentucky is a destination for summer time visitors but our annual Christmas Festival, which includes a PAW-rade (mmhmmm for furry friends) is giving the summer tourist season a run for its money quickly becoming a tourist favorite!

Aunt Maxi is hosting a progressive supper for the community to raise funds for Pet Palace, our local SPCA. You'd think it would be GREAT for the tourists and it is but when Aunt Maxi literally has a hissy fit with a tail on it after she finds out Loretta Bebe's involvement...things turn south.

A dead body appears during the appetizers, Aunt Maxi and Loretta are suspects, and it's all she wrote from there.

Lordy bee...let's hope this things wrapped up in a nice little package with a bow on top so Santa doesn't have to make a stop at the local jail!

ASIN ‏ : ‎ B09MC8986F
Publisher: ‎ Tonya Kappes Books
Publication Date: ‎ December 23, 2021
Print Length: ‎ 186 pages


My Review:

Spoonful of Murder is a mystery that pulls you in and keeps you engaged. I found myself guessing at who the murderer was all the way until the end. In this book, there aren’t a lot of suspects but enough to keep the reader involved in the attempt to figure it out. The police focus mainly on Aunt Maxi, but we all know she isn’t the one who committed the crime.

I enjoyed all the characters and the amount of humor added to the mix. The world building had me feeling like I was right in the middle of Honey Springs. I was able to visualize the town, the activities, the people, and feel the emotions.

Spoonful of Murder is a fun book with several storylines, and a pesky ex-husband, to keep the reader engaged and entertained. The inclusion of Roxi’s ex-husband, Kirk, was an added twist that proves to be most useful. The author does a great job adding Kirk into the mix. The only issue for me was the reveal of the murderer and the motive. The scene seemed a bit rushed but, as always, that's just my opinion. The rushed reveal didn't take away from the story though. I enjoyed Spoonful of Murder.

As a reader who hasn’t read books 1-8, I don’t feel like starting the series late has been an issue. The author does a wonderful job with character development, world building, and explaining events and people to the reader. I’m not lost in details I don’t understand. There aren’t unexplained situations that keep me from enjoying this series partway through. I will eventually start the series from the beginning.

I was provided a copy of the book to read.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment