Thursday, March 24, 2022

#CozyMystery Review ~ Barista Bump-Off (A Killer Coffee Mystery, Book 11) by Tonya Kappes #TonyaKappes @tonyakappes11

 

Welcome to the Bean Hive Coffeehouse where the gossip is as hot as the coffee!

ROBBERY TAKES A DEADLY TURN

Life couldn't be better! I've got a great husband, getting along with my ex and his new wife, plus I own a very successful coffeehouse! And...there just might be an addition to the family on the horizon, but my lips are sealed. - ROXY BLOOM

Dahlin' things can change in the blink of an eye. Even in an idyllic tourist destination like Honey Springs.

A string of purse snatchings along the boardwalk has left one victim dead.
locals, Loretta Bebe and Maxine Bloom, have joined forces to make Sheriff Shepard and the Mayor accountable for the crimes. After all, they too were victims.

Dedicated to her community and the safety of her customers, super sleuth Roxy Bloom is determined to track down this ruthless purse snatcher before someone else is bumped off.


ASIN: ‎ B09KMK3F8L
Publisher: ‎ Tonya Kappes Books
Publication Date: ‎ March 17, 2022
Print Length: ‎ 173 pages

My Review and Rating:

Barista Bump-OffBarista Bump-Off by Tonya Kappes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Purse snatchers and murder are the crimes of the day in the latest Killer Coffee Mystery by Tonya Kappes. Roxy Bloom dives right into the investigation and finds secrets, jealousy, and several suspects. Now she just must figure out who did it and why.

Barista Bump-Off pulls you in and keeps you engaged. The mystery of the thefts and eventual murder was well-written and kept me on my toes. Are the thefts and the death related? If not, now we have to look for two separate suspects. I found myself guessing at who the thief could be, who the murder could be, and who might have been capable for both.

I was not at all clued into who the thief and murderer were until the reveal. The person, or persons, wasn’t even on my radar. Every time I thought the suspect, or suspects, was this person or that person, something would happen, and I’d have to try and figure it out again. I love that in a mystery - fill the book full of twists and turns, red herrings, and deliberate misdirects so I have a hard time figuring everything out.

I enjoyed all the characters and the amount of humor added to the mix. The world building had me feeling like I was right in the middle of Honey Springs. I was able to visualize the town, the activities, the people, and feel the emotions.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment