Thursday, July 15, 2021

Cozy Mystery Book Review ~ Wildlife, Warrants, & Weapons (Camper & Criminals #19) by Tonya Kappes #TonyaKappes

 


Southern Hospitality with a Smidgen of Homicide

About the Book:

It creams my corn to think I've been accused of murder.

I'm a handyman in the Daniel Boone National Park. My main employer is Mae West at the Happy Trails Campground.

When I got a phone call to take down some trees on this guy's property for a side hustle, I jumped at the chance. That's one of the biggest money making jobs around these parts.

Unfortunately I got hauled off to jail after I was accused of being part of an illegal logging crew. Simple enough, I gave Sheriff Hank Sharp the name of the man who hired me, only he was found murdered by one of my tools.

Not only am I accused of illegal logging, now I'm the number one suspect in this man's murder.

It just creams my corn to be accused of murder.

There's only one person I trust to get me out of this mess and that's Maybelline West.

I'm sure she, along with her nosy friends, the Laundry Club Ladies, will snoop around to help clear my name.

Add to Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/56755023-wildlife-warrants-weapons

Learn More on Amazon https://amzn.to/2VGtAB7

ASIN: B08TB57XB6
Publication Date: July 15, 2021
Print Length: 137 pages

My Review:

Wildlife, Warrants, & Weapons is book 19 in the Camper & Criminals series by Tonya Kappes. Bobby Ray and Abby Fawn are getting married and the night before the wedding, Mae has planned a large shindig. The excitement winds down when Sheriff Hank Sharp drives in and arrests Henry Bryant, Mae's handyman at the campground. Seems Henry did some tree removal for a man that has now been deemed illegal. When Henry discloses the man who employed him, the man is found dead. To top it all off, the murder was committed by one of Henry's tools. Mae knows Henry isn't capable of being part of an illegal logging crew, let alone murder. Together with the Laundry Club ladies, Mae seeks to find the truth that will set Henry free, all while preparing to be Abby's maid-of-honor, and deal with her own personal life. So much to do, so little time.

Wildlife, Warrants, & Weapons is another great book in the Campers & Criminals series. The mystery is exciting, intriguing, and kept me guessing. The author introduced potential suspects, providing the reader with means, motive, and opportunities for each. There were twists and turns that had me going in one direction only to have the mystery shift. The author did a great job building up the suspense until the reveal of the murderer and motive. As Mae and the Laundry Club unravel the murder, shocking events are revealed, suspects are added, as well as removed, from the list, and danger abounds. We are also introduced to Tucker Pyle, a new ranger in Normal. I enjoyed getting to know a little bit about him.

As with the rest of the books in the series, the mystery isn't the only thing going on in Normal, Kentucky. Wildlife, Warrants, & Weapons gutted me and I'm not sure I'll recover anytime soon. There are very distressing events that happen in book 19. Tonya Kappes did a wonderful job of weaving everything together between the situation with Henry, the murder, and the side stories.

I'm anxiously awaiting the next book in the series despite the issue that shattered my heart.

I was provided a copy of the book to read.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment